Persistent web sessions

I have a shiny application that sometimes needs to run for a long time. Of course, this was not a problem when the application was used inside a running VNC desktop, you close the VNC connection and log in again tomorrow, but I am trying to transition to serving the app on a web server through ShinyProxy.

Is it possible to start a session via ShinyProxy, close the browser and then relogin in a day or two, to find the launched process still running?
If I am reading this earlier comment on a different thread correctly, this would be possible, if the user does not log out and the heartbeat rate is long enough. Am I correct?

Hi

If I am reading this earlier comment on a different thread correctly, this would be possible, if the user does not log out and the heartbeat rate is long enough. Am I correct?

This is correct. In the next version of ShinyProxy (2.6.0) you can disable the cleanup of proxies on logout and also disable the cleanup of proxies by the heartbeat mechanism. See https://shinyproxy.io/2.6.0-preview/downloads/