App not starting with container-volumes

Hi all,

I am trying to set up a persistent SQLite database for my Shiny application deployed via Shinyproxy with Docker Swarm. The app worked fine before without database. However, after adding the line container-volumes:["/db:/database"] to mount my SQLite file from the host server into the container, it continues to give me the error below. The directory db is present on my server. Permissions also seem to be fine. What could be the issue here? Attached also my application.yml file.

Error:
Knipsel

Application.yml file:
proxy:
title: My App
port: 8080

container-wait-time: 30000
heartbeat-rate: 10000
heartbeat-timeout: 60000

authentication: simple
admin-groups: admins
users:

• name: admin
    password: admin
    groups: admins
  • name: test
    password: test
    groups: admins

container-backend: docker-swarm

docker:
internal-networking: true
container-memory-request: 200M
container-memory-limit: 700M
container-cpu-limit: 0.7

specs:
- id: myapp
display-name: myapp
container-cmd: [“R”, “-e”, “shiny::runApp(’/root/myapp’, host=‘0.0.0.0’, port=3838)”]
container-image: username/image
container-volumes: ["/db:/database"]
access-groups: admins
container-network: sp-net

server:
useForwardHeaders: true # this is very important to make the AWS Cognito auth works

logging:
file:
shinyproxy.log

spring:
servlet:
multipart:
max-file-size: 1000MB
max-request-size: 1000MB

Hi

Can you check the additional error messages at the bottom of the error message? In addition it would be useful to check whether ShinyProxy starts a Docker container and whether Docker reports any error.

Hi Tobia,

Thanks for the reply. I managed to find the problem by now. My mounted volume was in the home directory for the root user whereas it turned out that the shinyproxy user does not have access to that. I solved the issue by creating a new directory outside of /home/root to store the mounted volume and make shinyproxy owner of that directory.

Thanks anyway!

Best,
Menno