Drop dead simple user management

I have the unenviable task of trying to set up a microservices site for clients of my professional services company in Shanghai, China. Due to government restrictions, I have no access to most universal social login solutions (think goog, FB, etc.). I will run this on AWS + dokku and wondering if anyone could give trailheads on a great, simple login/password management process. As a full time entrepreneur, I want to touch this app as little as possible other than developing new service offerings.

Given nature of my fledgling business, I don’t have any technical staff who can manage a complex stack so picture a liberal arts major with a modicum of experience in docker and associated technologies running the place :wink:

TIA, V.

Hi @vfulco,

The simplest approach would be to use the simple authentication type in ShinyProxy, but that is not recommended for production scenarios (plaintext passwords in the configuration file).

Instead, I would recommend keycloak as it has a wide range of features out-of-the-box. But I see in your other post that you are already exploring this path :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks very much. Super excited to get some test apps launched once all ducks in a row.