Error 500: Container did not respond in time (again)

Hi there - I’m trying to deploy a shiny application and am running into the dreaded ‘Container did not respond in time’ error - again.

I have been through the previous posts on this topic, but with little success. Specifically:

(a) I can launch the applications from openanalytics/shinyproxy-demo, though it takes a fairly long time for these simple apps to come up on what would seem to be a grossly over-specced machine (an AWS EC2 m5.16xlarge instance) - it shouldn’t take 5 - 6 seconds for 01_hello to come up, but maybe that’s normal.

(b) I can launch the docker container from the command line (docker run -p 3838:3838 …) and it comes up almost instantaneously (Listening on http://0.0.0.0:3838)

© I have set container-wait-time to 60s, the only effect of which is that it now takes longer until the error is shown.

Error messages and log entries are the same as have been posted many times, so I haven’t added the full stack trace (but am of course happy to do so if it were helpful).

Error

**Status code:** 500

**Stack Trace:**
eu.openanalytics.containerproxy.ContainerProxyException: Container did not respond in time
at eu.openanalytics.containerproxy.backend.AbstractContainerBackend.startProxy(AbstractContainerBackend.java:143) ....

Any help on what might be the cause or what I might do to get more diagnostic output from shinyproxy much appreciated.

(I’m running shinyproxy 2.5.0 on Amazon Linux 2 with the default docker installation and behind a reverse nginx proxy).

Many thanks, Christian