How to change the favicon?

Shinyproxy by default loads with the spring boot logo as the favicon image. How do you change this? It would be nice to have the ability to change the favicon in the application.yaml file so the favicon could be changed in the same manner the navbar image is changed.

@Luke_Singham Have you managed to change the spring boot logo?

I have created a static folder and placed my favicon.ico in there. When I start shinyproxy as

java -cp static:shinyproxy-1.0.2.jar org.springframework.boot.loader.JarLauncher

this favicon is used.

@rstub Where did you place you static folder? I’ve tried /opt/shinyproxy/static and /etc/shinyproxy/static and chmod -R 777 on both folders, but it still doesn’t show.

@fifthace I placed the static folder in the same directory as the jar file. You could also use absolute paths like

java -cp </path/to/static>:</path/to/shinyproxy.jar>  org.springframework.boot.loader.JarLauncher

I am still struggling with this. I use the Ubuntu .deb package in Ubuntu 16.04. The package creates a systemd service that launches Shinyproxy at boot. There are two files of interest (I think):

/opt/shinyproxy/shinyproxy.server
/etc/systemd/system/shinyproxy.server

Both are identical.

In both files, I have attempted to change the ExecStart line from this:
ExecStart=/usr/bin/java -jar /opt/shinyproxy/shinyproxy.jar
to this:
ExecStart=/usr/bin/java -cp /opt/shinyproxy/static:/opt/shinyproxy/shinyproxy.jar org.springframework.boot.loader.JarLauncher

where /opt/shinyproxy/static contains the favicon and is owned by the user shinyproxy with 644 permissions.

I then do:
sudo systemctl daemon-reload
sudo systemctl restart shinyproxy.service

But the new favicon isn’t loaded. I have also tried to reboot my machine without any joy. Any idea what I’m missing?

is there any solution for this issue/question ? the logo-url is not a valid option for this?