How to Deploy .rmd on AWS?

Hi All,

I have recently learnt R programming and developed a webapp for my team. it is a dashboard showing the bar charts and line graphs for the finance team showing the revenue and budget comparision.

I have built this dashboard using shiny and flexdashboard.
I do not have server.R and ui.R files seperate as it is a single .rmd file
I have created an ec2 instance on AWS and installed Rstudio server and the code is running fine.

What I want to do now ?
I want to deploy this webapp and send the url to the co workers so that they do not have to go through the hassle of installing R and other packages to view the dashboard.

Please let me know what are things that i have to do in order to deploy this webapp. I have never done deployment before. I am new to this. If anyone of you can provide a link where i can follow the steps to deploy that will really great. I will then go ahead and associate a static ip and also buy a domain for the same through AWS.

Thank you
Vishwanath

Iā€™m assuming you will need a password protected site and you are not paying for a Shiny Server Pro.

Shinyproxy will work in your case. The first thing you need to do is to follow instructions on www.shinyproxy.io and make sure the demo app is running.

Serving a R markdown application is even easier than the demo app. Just need to compose a Dockerfile and use something like CMD ["R", "-e", "rmarkdown::run(file='/shinyApps/markdown_example/index.Rmd')"] as the last line of your Dockerfile. I will give you more detail once you have your demo app running.

1 Like