How to update ShinyProxy

Hi,
this might be a bit of a newby question, sorry for that. I have installed ShinyProxy on CentOS by first downloading the file shinyproxy_2.2.2_x86_64.rpm and installing it with yum install shinyproxy_2.2.2_x86_64.rpm. As far as I can tell, yum update does not update ShinyProxy and there is no “automatic” install such as yum install shinyproxy - please correct me if I am wrong.

So now there is a new version out and my intuitive guess would have been to download the new rpm and update ShinyProxy with yum update shinyproxy_2.3.0_x86_64.rpm. But I receive the following error message:

Examining shinyproxy_2.3.0_x86_64.rpm: shinyproxy-2.3.0-1.x86_64
Cannot install package shinyproxy-2.3.0-1.x86_64. It is obsoleted by installed package shinyproxy-2.2.2-1.x86_64
No packages marked for update

So somehow yum thinks the old rpm is newer. Is that normal, what do I do wrong? Do I need to uninstall first? Is there a way to use the yum update mechanism?

Thanks,
Kurt

The answer was actually on a ShinyProxy page I did not see before. So the solution seems to be rpm -U shinyproxy_2.3.0_x86_64.rpm. Apparently mixing yum and rpm is not a problem, and why yum did not update the package I still don’t know, but it’s updated so I am fine.