Is ShinyProxy available to be directly installed windows or do I require Linux to install it

Is Shiny Proxy available to be directly installed windows or do I require Linux to install it?.

I am confused because the installation instructions on the http://www.shinyproxy.io/getting-started/ website mentions that the prerequisites to install Shiny Proxy are Java Runtime 8(ZULU) and Docker, yet it shows links for installing docker on Windows, macOS, and LINUX.

So what is the purpose of mentioning the docker installing insturctions on multiple OS?
What is the purpose of docker? and would I need to install that on windows OS or just the LINUX VM I would be running ShinyProxy within.

Thanks.

Hi @Babacar_Diouf,

ShinyProxy itself is a Java application (packaged as a jar file) and can be run on any OS where you can run Java (including Windows).

The Shiny apps are deployed inside docker containers and indeed require the presence of Docker on the system to run these containers. This, again, is possible on Windows too.

The development of ShinyProxy happens primarily on Linux and MacOS, but there is no reason it should not run on Windows too.

Don’t hesitate to come back to us should you hit specific issues when trying.

Hope this helps!
Tobias

Thank you for the assurances Dear @tverbeke
Now, I would appreciate if the ShinyProxy official website could include Windows-related installation/deployment instructions in the documentation too.